Thursday, July 8, 2010

falling to pieces

So, it's been a hella couple of weeks since a whole tree fell on the haus.  In that span of time, I've closed the store, rented an apartment downtown to use as a design studio, called countless contractors for both the damaged haus and the daunting task of painting the interior of an apartment with 14 ft. ceilings.  The haus remains a wee bit of a wreck, but I think we've got a good guy to work on it.  My beautiful friend Phyl recommended him, so crossables crossed... and the painting guy seems more than capable.  The whole "design studio" concept was to create a space where I could work on quilts without interruption, but wouldn't you know it, as I've been waiting to get moved into the new space, the coolest idea for a line of fabrics has burrowed into my brain.  So... yeah.  Fabric design.  Just one of many new adventures in this life, post-Clementine.

In other random news, the evil bronchitis is nearly completely gone,  just re-inked the old tattoos the other night, started a new belly dance class last night, have taken up beer with a vengeance in this awful heat, and I'm at my lowest weight in 16 years.  Yep.  I was so shocked I bought myself a Calvin Klein dress... and it fits perfectly.  Of course, a pair of 6" stilettos also found their way home with me, along with other wardrobing accessories, but buying something off the rack in a size 14 thrilled this lil' big grrrl to pieces.  Things are finally feeling manageable, I'm knitting again, and life seems full of promise.  I never expected retail to suck the life out of me, but I suppose the last seven months were what did it.  Problem solved.  Now to get back some semblance of a life, though the new one may bear little resemblance to the previous one.  Still many loose ends to tie up, but I just wanted to check in with y'all...
don't worry.  This'll be mo' bettah, cheres...

6 comments:

Thimbleanna said...

Holy Cow Woman! Out of the frying pan...into the fire! Do we get any sneak peeks???

Bonnie said...

I'm so glad your creativity is back now that the store is closed. Keep plugging away, and keep us posted!

Mrs. H said...

So glad to hear you sounding so chipper (and skinny). More power to you!

Sarah Pead said...

Glad to hear you're doing well after closing the store. Although, not a day goes by when I don't look south down 31 and wish you were still open.

kellie: thelemondime said...

i was just thinking of coming to the shop today....then i remembered. :( change is good tho i know.

Croucher said...

You're welcome for bringing beer back into your life. I knew you'd love it! :)