Sunday, July 11, 2010

No 'show & tell' today

... but that just means it'll be all the better when I do finally fire up the camera.  Things seem to be cruising along pretty well lately.  The studio is a work-in-progress, but the ceilings are no longer in danger of dropping old plaster on anyone, and painting commences tomorrow.  I don't know what's up with the contractor for the haus, but there is that whole 'blinking voicemail' doogie on my phone... I'll have to check that out.  This weekend I'm letting my inner redneck out in a big way (sorry, mom!) and attending my first mud bog festival.  Oh, I'm sorry... did you just crack your head on the desk?  Ouch!  I shoulda warned you it was coming.  My predilection for shocking behavior should serve as a warning to y'all.  Now you know.  Anyway, right after mudding and hitting the honky tonk bars, I'm headed to Louisville, for a little respite from 'real life'.  Booked a room in a fancy hotel and I'm hauling the laptop with me for some remote blogging... the camera is all charged up.  No chores, no five chirruns wanting fed, no having to referee disputes over the Wii, or whose turn it is to haul out the trash.  Just peaceful nothingness on Egyptian cotton sheets and a 'hot brown' in my belly.  My goal- to get things squared away and maybe get a name and a mission statement hammered out in my brain about this new direction things are moving in.  I've got about six quilt designs to get sketched onto paper before I lose them, and am hoping to have a few started within a month. Thinking of selling kits for the smaller quilts, but that's far in future.  I have the submission guidelines in hand for creating a fabric collection... that's my 'must do before I die' project that keeps haunting me.  We'll see how that goes, though a local artist's work is the first thing I want to see translated into fabric; he's excited about the project, so hopefully Westminster/Free Spirit will see the edgy-genius of it as well.  More later, kittens.  I'm off to beautify and crash No-Amy's door with Starbucks in hand.  She escaped having to go camping and today her freedom ends... poor baby.  Is alright.  I fix. *mwah*

3 comments:

joven said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
joven said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
joven said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.