Sunday, December 12, 2010

Back from the bar, y'all

Actually, I've been thinking about this dead blog for awhile and since certain persons in this haus refuse to follow the "if she's asleep, don't for fucksake wake her" protocol, I find myself with some quiet, alone time to sit here at the keyboard.  News of note, for any of you following along, I'm in single digit pants sizes (but a 6 only in the really expensive, vanity-sized brands), I meet with my plastic surgeon in January to plan the removal of MUCH extra skin...it is disgusting and must go, so I can wear my shirts tucked in and my rocking cute rhinestone-studded skull belt buckle.  True story.  Found him at a flea market.  Now I don't need to drive back to Nashville and try to steal one off the waitresses at 'Coyote Ugly'.
Made the discovery of Madison, Indiana a few months ago.  Not only does that town sport a gorgeous riverfront, but also a chocolate shop that sells chocolate covered salt caramels.  I can assure you that it's worth the trip to Cocoa Safari, and be sure to grab a bag of the dark chocolate covered almonds while you're there.  It's a little bag of foreplay for your mouth... just sayin'...  Also, be sure to hit the end of the street for a visit to 'All Good Things'. It's an amazing little shop and the proprietor is also the creator of really delicious, richly scented soaps.  I'm still partial to Mandi's (formerly my Monday Mandi) handmade soaps, and I do have a huge, Jude Law worthy crush on the Zum Bar 'anise and lavender' scented soap, but THAT aside, the soap store in Madison is a MUST see. I even ventured into the quilt shop there, Margie's Country Store (so as not to be confused with the OTHER fabric shop in town that looks like a thirty year old rummage sale with bad lighting and the ceiling about to fall in)... but I digress... anyhoooo, I left with bundles of civil war era prints in golds and reds and creams. Yeah. Me. I nearly passed out from the shock of it, too!  Not to worry, though.  I found a funky pattern in an Australian quilting magazine that will set off the colors nicely and provide the proper visual punch.  What? You thought I was going to piece wee, teensy stars or itty, bitty 'courthouse steps' blocks with my bag o' retro?  Silly baby!


Now that I'm back in school, with no 'day job' to keep me busy, things are pretty dull around here.  I'm still knitting socks like a fiend, and even have a sweater on the needles...with cables, no less.  It's a gift for a lovely woman who needs a knitted hug. I can't wait to finish it and see her wrapped in it's warmth. Good motivation to keep my hands busy!  This post has been a long time coming, and I don't know if any of you are still checking out the activity over here, but if you are, give me a shout out in the comments.  This posting hopefully won't be an isolated incident... latah, knittahs!

5 comments:

Nicholas said...

I was in Franklin about two weeks ago and horribly, horribly missed Clementine's. Like ached.

Glad you're back and posting, though! I should take a cue and do the same!

kellie: thelemondime said...

just telling a woman in joanns (barf) that my favorite fabric shop is closed (sob). then i tried to describe how crazy-cool you are but she didn't get it. missin the shop, and what you made it. :( glad to hear it's going so well for you!

Spiderlady said...

Good to see you are back!!! I look forward to reading you more often!!!

Thimbleanna said...

It's ah-live! Sounds like you're wasting yourself away to nothing, you lil' thing! Also sounds like you're keeping busy and out of trouble. Hope you'll post what civil war fabrics can become if they're not civil war repros!

Marigold said...

Pretty cables on that sweater! I'm still watching your blog, out here in Dorothy-land (Kansas. You should see the gift shops at the airports. Witches, ruby slippers and oz green t-shirts.)