Monday, September 17, 2007

What do we have here?

In a fit of frenzied cleaning I happened upon the needle-felting gizmos I bought last spring (they were still trapped in their plastic prisons) and, having just hauled out the "winter bucket" of clothing I'd spied Lilly's old, red sweater. Having just restocked the stash cupboard, I knew I had a bag of Suri Alpaca (it's teensy, Diane... really, a puny bag) and here you have it. I declare myself to be an avid, rabid fan of needle felting. Next up will be a white toss pillow felted with strawberries, but as a first experiment, er, 'project', I couldn't resist a bit of 70's kitsch... Laverne would've loved it.

A big thank you to all of Clementine's peeps who've assured her/me the 'apron-along' won't be a huge disaster... and to Rhonda, who will bring us cookies and a big 'I told you so' if things go haywire. It helps to take a few days 'off' and get some perspective. And Annalea was smart to remind me not to let the snacks and bevs run dry. Low blood sugar and rotary cutters just can't be good for you. It's going to be a rockin' fun party, so long as no one sews over their own fingers (again, I mean me). Can't wait, and I'm going to wear this frozen grin till I see success...

Hope you all are having a fab evening. I've been trying to comment on your blogs, but blogger still has it in for me, and I'm successful only about 15% of the time. Gotta round up the kids for bedtime washing up. They all sort of smell like puppies... gah. Later, Cami

1 comment:

LotusKnits said...

Awww!! So cute!

Hope you're doing well! Careful with those rotary cutters missy...