Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Thirty-nine, take one

Birthday week isn't officially over, but today was the 'run around like mad and endure the BMV for a spanking new driver's license' day, which culminated in the melting down of the three-year old's tolerance for all things birthday-ish. We did, however, make it through dinner out before he decided to become the turd in the punchbowl. I refilled the Xanax prescription, though, so no harm will come to him this day.

This morning I spent some time pondering the tiny webs of lines under and around my eyes. I don't look any worse than yesterday, but I know the day of reckoning is waiting for me. The day I look in the mirror and don't even know the old woman staring back at me. I should probably keep wearing her jewelry, though, just in case. Alzheimer's runs in the family now, so a few, constant visual clues would probably be a good idea. Medication helps, too. I didn't flip out over Herr Becher's side trip to file paperwork at a bank (en-route to my birthday dinner!), or the giant armadillo that patted me on the head whilst we were eating our steaks. So calm was I, that I refrained from wrenching the poor thing's head off. And Melly thinks I shouldn't be armed. I believe there's a betting pool in place already as to how soon I'm going to need bail money...

Now I'm off to get rested up for work tomorrow. My tiara wants polishing and I have a sock to finish.

2 comments:

Thimbleanna said...

Oh, you'll know the woman staring back at you -- it will be your grandma. Very shocking, really! Happy resting!

melly~ said...

-lol- anna, what a turrible thing to say!
i think we need to do a 'take two'. but soon.