Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Oscillation... the real deal

Here's for you doubting darlings out there. Proof that I don't hallucinate all the weird crap that befalls me. I'm just too easily overcome at the make-up counter. Fancy doo-dads are hard to resist. And I watched a 'training video' and had much better luck with the vibrating mascara this morning. Until I sneezed from having my eyes open too wide in the bright light of the bathroom. A Mulligan and a few Q-tips later and I looked presentable.

The day was windy, cold, and blowing snow. Temps are dropping even more ("Don't you like having ten toes?"), and I expect it'll be quite a challenge to get into town tomorrow. Ugh. I think I really need a snow day, except I'd have to spend it here, drowning in laundry. Gah.

I started a little bit of non-sock knitting at one-thirty this morning, and by three in the afternoon had to rip it out. Kidsilk Haze really resists giving back the cast on edge, so I'm hoping Redrhonda will come to my rescue. The 'Cardi Cozy' has been shelved in favor of an 'advanced beginner' lacy stole. The kind of knitting that makes me have to pay attention, which would be easier to cope with if I could get sleep. Tonight I'm trying out the Lunesta. I don't have great hopes, but if I wake without a hangover, I'll consider it a success.

Gotta get back to Laundry Mountain. Herr Becher helped the chirruns clean upstairs (and he vacuumed... swoon!), and thus did he solve the age old puzzle of "where's all your clothes"... times five. I thought simply asking them to bring down their laundry was sufficient. I never expected a grown man and his eldest child would have to make four trips downstairs, using a baby gate like a gurney, to get it all down here. And, no, I'm not kidding.

Time for drinkies. Type at y'all latah. C

7 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm telling you - you should just walk around your house taking pictures. That would have been good :) g

veedogknitter said...

Ok...i believe you now. ;o)
men who vacuum are damn sexy!!

Belvora said...

You crack me up! That is gonna be a great new "Borris" story at work tomorrow!

BTW- I'm about half way through the mulit/diag scarf #1. Fingers hurt but I'll take it as rookie learning. Having fun! I can't wait to knit something for ME!!! :o)

Anonymous said...

Hey, Leann has a back hoe at her house right now - maybe you could borrow it to get all the laundry out of the kids rooms. Can you imagine if they actually went to school outside the home...yack! I remember those days - girls especially. Don't think I'll get the mascara, sounds too dangerous.
Always, Rob

Anonymous said...

I have enough problem with oscillating fans stopping them in the direction needed most. You won't catch me with a mascara wand that moves. I'd look like a racoon! I also have a cute little bobcat great for making 360 degree turns in tight laundry rooms ;0)...and men that clean toliets make me swoon

Anonymous said...

For insomnia issues... have you ever tried melatonin? You can get it at GNC or probably Walmart or Target vitamin section. Try taking just half a pill first. Oh, my....you will just drift off to sleep and sleep all night!

CK from M-ville

Anonymous said...

A person essentially assist to make seriously articles I'd state. That is the very first time I frequented your web page and so far? I amazed with the research you made to create this particular post extraordinary. Excellent process!

My web blog - Visit Website