Friday, December 14, 2007

It wasn't a bum day...


DSCN1334
Originally uploaded by clementinesdrygoods

Today was a nice day, a calm day, a day that began with half a xanax and then Robin brought me flowers (or rather, they will be when the bulb sprouts... purple hyacinth. Pretty.) LeAnn also came by to make sure I was fine and dandy, then my banker, her auntie, and her momma all came around. Banker Woman (not her official designator, but she's entitled to her super-hero secret identity) is as frustrated as I am about the funding situation, and dropped by on her day off (told you she was super) and had some ideas for how to get a business plan put together... you know... that thing I'd hoped to avoid? Yeah, I guess that lil' plan backfired.

The photo above is an old-ish one I took for Thimbleanna, because she'd captured Eli's propensity for sleeping in weird places so well when she came to visit the shop. This is a sound-asleep little man, resting precariously atop a glider ottoman. Odd, and a wee bit sad, but I'd been at the computer all evening and the ottoman was as close as he could get without being in my lap. Yes, I have a shelf all dusted and set to display my latest mother-of-the-year award (or MOTY, as we past winners call it). His toes on his right foot are scrunched up, but all five are really there.

This blogging through flickr is weird, and I had hoped to remember the camera to get snaps of the newest fabrics to hit Clementine's Dry Goods. I'm sticking it in the bag for tomorrow, and if we don't get six inches of snow, I'll be in the shop to have another go at it. Two quilts are in the works, as are several socks (the LotusYarn is swirling beautifully... you must see later... once I finish.) Prepare to drool. Latah, knittas. Cami

2 comments:

Dragonfly7673 (Vicki) said...

Hyacinth are very pretty. I can't grow anything to save my life, but I see them healthy in other people's yards.

That picture of Eli is cute! I can't believe he fell asleep there.

Thimbleanna said...

Boy, you weren't kidding -- lil' Eli really can sleep anywhere! What a cutie. I have no idea what you're referring to when you say blogging through flikr, but I'm assuming it is what is responsible for your ability to post pictures, so therefore I love it!