Sunday, February 17, 2008

Back to the grind

Well, here we are at Sunday. Deja vu, all over again. Sorry. I was just forced to view "Fight Club" for the first time the other night. Some junk may have stuck.
Yesterday's post should have been prefaced with "this is the arse who insisted on driving as though his precious truck was made of glass", or " this man uses BOTH sides of the road", or even " this hayseed-doofus can't find the accelerator" (psst... it's the pedal on the right). Or maybe, if you can't meet the speed limit, stay your sorry, slow rear home. Some of us have places we need to be in a timely fashion. Lord love a duck, it was worse than getting stuck behind Drunk Neighbor (though you're much safer behind Drunk Neighbor than ahead of him). Anyhow, if I hadn't been driving my husband's leased vehicle, I'd have let ol' farmboy run me off the road as I tried to pass him. Taking a photo sure hurried his butt up, though. He did at least 60 mph the rest of the way into town. Problem solved.

I got all twenty blocks started yesterday, and at least five of them are done completely. That leaves me just fifteen to go. I'm hoping to start getting them pressed and assembled today. Lacking a proper flannel 'audition wall', I'm going to lay them out in quadrants on the floor and re-arrange until it suits the quilt. I'm using "Chocolate Lollipops" from Anna Maria Horner. It's a bright, pop-art sort of quilt, and I probably could've gotten away with only making twelve blocks, but this way everyone who comes in can get a better visual of how fun, wild fabrics play together. I'm sending it out for quilting. I want it done in this lifetime, after all.

Now I have poo-pants to change on the littlest Becher, a tween-ager to roust out of her bed, and I want to be out of the house in an hour, to take everyone out to breakfast before the shop opens. You go be crafty. I'll type at y'all latah. C

5 comments:

Stephanie said...

I don't know how you do it. How the heck do you knit and quilt and run a shop and have 5 kdis and and and....you are super woman. I bow down to you.

melly~ said...

super woman is married to superman, that's how she does it!

can't wait to see the quilt blocks!

B said...

I am pretty incredible, I must say.

prairievisiondesign : handmade said...

I can't wait to see the quilt!

Dragonfly7673 (Vicki) said...

I'm wondering whether rousing the tween-girl and changing the diapers AND leaving on time for breakfast actually happened as planned *grinned*. But Boris and Clementine make quite the super couple!