Wednesday, February 6, 2008

I'm bringin' camera back

The past two days have been hectic and over-filled with "have-tos" and "must-dos" and I brought a sackful of knitting home because the good camera is back, and I want to spend tomorrow showing y'all what's new/odd/different in the shop. The man says it works just fine, and I didn't get charged for the repair, though if you factor in the cheapie camera and sd card, I'm out 130.oo. We never did get that crappy little Polaroid working, but the Vista interferes mightily with installing apparatus (why isn't it apparati?). Anyhow, there are bits and bobs you'll want to see... I will show. Be here tomorrow, around one, EST.

There is nothing blog-worthy to note. We did not drown in last night's storms, though new-knitter Mandi (like a Barbie doll, but funner)was just as freaked out as I was. I got home by following telephone poles, at about 15 mph, through sheeting rain and the fog you could chew. Several times I felt the pull of the water rushing across the roads, one field's soil dumping into another along the way. It almost took the fun out of knit night, but we had such a fun group, it wasn't spoiled by the creepy drive home. I could do with a little less excitement next time, though. I'd better be off of here now, as the wind is picking up and we're forecasted to have snow... and it was almost in the sixties the past two days. Flu weather. Don't touch your face in public, keep the Lysol wipes handy, and take your Zinc. And come back for a photo-shoot, live from Clementine's... tomorrow. Perhaps that vacation-taking strumpet will be back as well. We shall see. C

4 comments:

Annalea said...

Woo-Hoo! Actual photographs? Be still my fluttering heart. ;o)

I had a touchy drive home last night, too. The highway was heavily-compacted snow from there to here, and it snowed most of the way. I'm hoping that this "usual" winter after 12 years of Seattle-winters will send most of the new California transplants home. {fingers crossed} Not that I have anything against Californians per se (since I am one) . . . I just prefer country folk to rich city folk who come in and take over local government and ruin it all for the rest of us. {/rant}

Have a great night, and I'll be tuned in tomorrow!

Thimbleanna said...

Woohoo -- pics tomorrow! Can you BE-lieve this weather. Ka-reepy! My youngest called from Nashville (TN) claiming I didn't love him 'cause I didn't call to check up on him -- they spent last night in the basement dodging tornados. I hate weather like this! Had Knit Night here tonight -- we were talking about how we sure wish you were up here so we could all knit night together!

Stephanie said...

Camilla....don't hate me...but I tagged you for a little meme :) The rules are over on my blog.

(I'll run for cover now!!)

Anonymous said...

what does that mean..."like a barbie but funner?" brad now wants to know what it is we do at the shop all the time. he only associates barbies with boobs.