Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Goings on

Above is the spotty, dotty quilt block made by Deb. The block was planned with a solid black background. I'm glad she upped the ante and added the polka-dot fabric (Blank Quilting's "Chelsea" collection). It's just fun waiting to happen.

Down here we have Darla and her "happy chaos" quilt, going for a stroll through the sewing machine. It's her first quilt ever. She only got to choose two of the eight fabrics, and I had some odd bits everyone had the chance to add in...

Pretty vibrant, huh? The other stitchers haven't finished yet. Stay tuned for more update photos.

This brings us to Deb's enormous car cozy pup tent afghan for her brother. It seems she'd made him one when he graduated, and now he has smallish children, one of whom decided to "trim" off a string hanging from daddy's knitted afghan. This new and improved model has about twenty four... or was it twenty six?... balls of yarn (held double) and will be six feet long when complete. She's almost there... Massive wall o' knitting goodness right here.

Now I have to get along home. I'm told there are Netflix movies and something like dinner awaiting me. Type at y'all latah. C p.s. go see those fantastic card kits That Crocker Woman put together for the old folks home. I'm impressed with that tall girl. Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Thimbleanna said...

And speakin' o' those card kits, what's happnin' at Clemmie's tomorrow??? I'm soooo jealous that you get to have fun with the ladies everyday. Sucks to be me LOL! The quilt and block are awesome -- and not just 'cause they are actual pictures on your blog but because I like the bright colors. Looks like things are taking off down there -- what a great time!!!

Unknown said...

I love that quilt block (and you know how I feel about quilting). And that knitted blanket - wow!! g

Dragonfly7673 (Vicki) said...

the quilts came out great! I can't wait to see the rest of them.