Sunday, June 10, 2007

Shhhh...I have hatched a plan...

Okay, I don't know what time this bloggy-blog will say I posted this, but it's 12:34 am... we're in the wee hours of the night here, and as I was tidying up, it hit me. The *perfect* plan for dealing with the recalcitrant sock monkey quilt. Ready?


A voodoo sock monkey. It's the perfect plan. For every set of blocks I stitch together, and they are small and numerous, I stick a pin in voodoo-monkey. The more I stitch, the more 'destructive' I get to be. It wasn't always like this, and I really do like to sew patchwork, but I always needed the big bribe to finish... because I always give the quilt away. I have no incentive to finish it... it isn't mine. Before, well, before I nearly *died* (I just thought I was going to) I used to buy a pack of 'Nat Shermans' natural mint cigarettes, and parse them out as I made progress. Alas and alack, I cannot do that at all now. So, my inner rebel has sought balance, and we thinks it's the voodoo-monkey. So, now where so I find a sock monkey?... right. Cracker Barrel. They have everything, with biscuits and gravy on the side.

See you later today. Voodoo-monkey will be here, too... Cami

No comments: