Monday, June 25, 2007

A view of Naomi's floor... photos for Jaye




I stopped by Naomi's house today and just happened to have the digi-cam with me, so I took some shots of previous baby blankets I've made for the littlest peeps in her house. The Kaffe "sludge paperweight" pineapple quilt was of her choosing (I have a problem with purple, but it totally worked in this instance), but the quilt I'd done for her previous child(see above... a goofy,stripy, checked quilt) was just about the most fun I've ever had piecing a top. It would've been a bear to build a full size quilt this way, but I can do anything for 48" (and I don't mean that in any sort of dirty way).
So, thank you to Naomi for letting me have the 'photo-op' at her house today, and for watching out for the five small Bechers while I shopped for yarn (just me and my man!) and for coming to knit-night with me, since I'm still new and my 'sponsor' could not come. But Rhonda got to eat cake where she was, and we got free yummies from the 'eatery' where we convene... it was a fairly successful day. I'm all sugared up and feeling too bouncy to be sitting here. Come back tomorrow, I'm sure I'll have something else to show you then! Cami


4 comments:

Dragonfly7673 (Vicki) said...

I actually have read this about three times and just haven't sat down to comment. I am jealous about the eateries.

Oooh, yarn is coming!!

I was talking to son this morning about your store and he said "we're going to drive and go see it sometime, aren't we?" So I'm sure after you are up and running, we will have to road trip.

I just made the connection between your friend here and the friend mentioned on hubby's blog...

knitter in the desert said...

You quilt too! Yeah! Looove quilts.....actually I like anything with color, texture, pattern....Have a fabric stash started as well....

Dragonfly7673 (Vicki) said...

Her store will be both!!

Jaye said...

Thanks for posting the pics of your quilts. Wonderful. I really like the pineapple. The checkerboard looks like a Pointillist Palette series that I made. You can see the completed ones at artquiltmaker.com. YAY Pineapples!