Friday, November 21, 2008

As it happens...

There are a great many things that are troublesome to a lil' ADD girl, but waiting for things to arrive in the mail is probably one of my least favorites. I'm more a 'get it now' kind of girl, but when the thing that I'm waiting on is yarn... and fabric... and needles...well, my anxious nature is getting the better of me. Today has been a fabulous day for string, however, and a new-ish sock knitter left the shop with three skeins of the 'Harry Potter' sock yarn. She didn't know sock yarn doesn't count as stash, so I'm sure we made her feel better about her haul. I even shared my "store it in the freezer" tip, which only really works if you have a full-size commercial freezer, or you have really lonely ice-cubes. Whatever. She had a huge grin on her face. I love helping knittas over the edge that way.

More yarn en route to the shop: Trekking XXL in the single best colorway ever. I'd mailed one to Miss G, then started to panic, because the remaining one lone ball was not enough for my not-stash, so when it dawned on me that I have an account with them, and could just call up and order Clementine some, you could've knocked me over with a brick-bat. *duh* See what happens when I'm Melly-deficient? If she'd just decide to hang out down in Franklin more often, I might become some sort of shop-keeping savant. Instead, I'm left to my own rather inept systems of "organization". Bah. That only works when I can remember the color-codes for the post-its.
Time to start packing it in for the day. Have a restful weekend. I hope to be posting socks tomorrow (not finished, just the in-progress ones. Geez, I thought you were gonna pass out there for a minute), and spending a quiet Sunday knitting and baking. And reading. Sheri brought me in "Knit One, Kill Two", by Maggie Sefton today. Downtime. It's a good thing. C

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I have some needles in the mail to you - sent to your house. I'm freaking out though wishing I had a padded envelope!

I'm exhausted and stressed today and can't focus enough on anything. g

CraftRage said...

Inspiried by all the pictures you've been posting, and socks you've been showing, I brought out my own yarn stash. And shuddered.

It's kind of a sea of Red Heart and Whatever Is On Sale At The Yarn Store Which The Clerk Assures Me Contains No Actual Wool.

Why, oh WHY am I allergic to the good stuff!!!???

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

Hi there! Hope all is going well with you and that you're planning a really great Thanksgiving. I have your goodies almost ready to mail for the coffee swap. --Your "Secret" Swap Partner