Monday, November 3, 2008

A random sort of day

Thank blog for the pre-post option. Becher Haus has gotten mighty out of hand, what with all the candy wrappers everywhere. Apparently the Becher children haven't heard about those handy-dandy receptacles called trash bins. Must follow up on that.

After much wailing and gnashing of teeth (okay, there might have been peanut m&ms in the teeth), I was able to squeeze a few moments of silence out of my day and rewrote all the text for the website. Well, two paragraphs remained unscathed, but it had to be revived with the magazine ad coming out. Verrry 'citing stuff. I'm still pinching myself and getting anxious, and I think "hey, this will be just the thing to get noticed" and the other voice in my head says "OMG. People are looking over here". And that voice sounds a lot like Eddie Izzard, and I look down and my whore-y red nail polish is chipping, and Eddie would never let his chip... oh, jeez, oh Peat. Now we're in big trouble because manicure day isn't for two whole days...

See? How does anything get done around here? Magic. It was also employed to launch the Nov./Dec. newsletter. I slapped some text into a document (doesn't that sound all office-y... like I know what I'm doing *snark*), and Melly turned it into a bona fide e-mail newsletter, with pictures and paragraphs lined up and it looked great in the preview, but she made me say "Melly, will you push the magic button?" so I did, then a giggle snort erupted out of me (okay, it was mostly snort) and we totally lost it in a fit of laughter. I'm trying to be verrry quiet, since Herr Becher has to be up at four a.m. for work tomorrow, but there I am, choking down laughter and trying not to pull a Fergie on myself. Shhhh, already.

So now it's the middle of the night. DST has once again messed up my inner clock and all day I bumbled around. By the time I thought to look at a clock it was nearly three, which was two, but now it isn't... damn the DST. The bathroom clock is still wrong, but I'm just going to put a 'post-it' on it to remind me it's an hour ahead of schedule. Otherwise it will know I'm looking at it, and if I touch it, the damn thing will want a new battery or a dusting or something. Yeah, the post-it will work fine.

I'm off to bed. Tomorrow when I get into the shop for knitting class, I'll post the bangin' cute "Birdie Sling" bag Deb made out of the new Heather Bailey fabrics. It's so stinking fun. I may have to sew one myself. (With all my free time. *snort*)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

o.k. you really don't snort that much

Unknown said...

Sounds like fun was had. Umm, I still don't get the newsletter. . . . g

Anonymous said...

How do we get on the newsletter list?


Conni from M-ville :-)

Anonymous said...

Please make sure I'm on the newsletter too!

Anonymous said...

I want the newsletter, too!