Monday, June 16, 2008

the non-post

Tomorrow is E-day, when the local Embarq office sends out the guy in the ill-fitting work jumper to test lines and, if he's smart enough to haul along the proper equipment, replace the modem. So, imagine my surprise when today, as I pulled into the parking lot, not one but two Embarq trucks are hogging themselves some spaces (because only asses leave the swing-out doors wide open in a small lot). True to form, and because I do not run the world, they were there to fix the upstairs phones, etc., but nothing on the first floor. Duh. Do you suppose anyone filling out the work orders will even notice that they dispatched trucks to the same location two days in a row? Arrgh... and it's not even 'talk like a pirate' day... arrrrgh.

I'm going to take a nap and then knit more on the Clapotis. Ball three is starting to look a wee bit smaller. There is a light at the end of this knitting black hole, after all. Now, braggart that I am, I will be given a smack-down by the knitting fates, but I'm too tired to care. It's a day of ennui. Reading sounds nice, but the book is too heavy to hold. Knitting will be great, when my hands don't feel like clubs. Thank heavens for the bed. Type at you later. I'll put a pic up for your scrutiny tomorrow... another patchwork idea has hatched. But now, you go be crafty. *smooches, pooches* C

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Clapotis has been in my queue forever. I even have the yarn for it and have the pattern printed. I just haven't gotten around to it. Perhaps it's time to start. It should be a good summer project. I'm doing it in Plymouth Happy sock (or whatever it's called....I don't have the ball bands anymore) But knitting might be delayed because I GOT MY WHEEL TODAY!!!

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you and the modem/phone lines get all fixed up soon.

Anonymous said...

C...Gaylen tells me she sent me your email, but i am not finding it. I have contact info for you regarding rescue for your little Pointer. Send me a line...G has my contact info if you need it!!