Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Photo post at long last

Possibly the most wonderful yarn I have ever had the pleasure to run my fingers through is Yarn Love's "Elizabeth Bennet". To offset the mill's mistake about the skein weight, the women who are Yarn Love made me some solids, for a little 'top, heel, toe' contrast, increasing the yardage to accommodate actual big-people feet. Merino, bamboo, and silk... it knits up so beautifully, I didn't even get too upset at having to restart after Eli yanked out the needles on the festival sock. This colorway is 'Valentine'...


And this one here is 'Tuscany'. Gorgeous. I have about twenty colorways made into these skeined trios. As always, e-mail or phone me if you need a fix.

Here is the Amy Butler 'Midwest Modern' quilt, somewhat rumpled, but thanks to a local stitcher, ready to be sent off for machine quilting. She had it done in time for the ill-fated fiber-fest, and kits are available. Now I just have to figure out a decent way to display it from the shop's twelve foot ceiling. A ladder will have to be acquired, as will a person unafraid to climb said ladder, 'cuz this lil' fat girl isn't.


This dress is the 'Vintage Vogue' circa 1952 day dress made by Jill. Click and prepare to pee yourself at her structural engineering. This dress has built-in boobs and I feel like I should have my shoulders back, balancing a book on my head, every time I so much as glance in it's direction. It is like channeling Audrey Hepburn right into the store. I am so blessed to meet all these talented, wonderful people. The fact that they offer to make samples is just so much icing on the cake. Or maybe it's gravy. It's time to go home... before my low blood sugar sacks me onto the floor. Latah, crafty chicas. C


Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

LotusKnits said...

Dress. Awesome.

Want. Now.

Thimbleanna said...

Holy Crap Cammie! When you do photos, you go all out. I SO know what I'll be fondling when next I appear -- that yarn looks delicious. And I do I spy some new black and white's. Good thing I have a few weeks to save my pennies!!!

Anonymous said...

Thought you might like to know that your shop is listed on a flyer to be given out in Bloomington at the Farmer's Market this Saturday for "Knit in Public Day."

https://oncourse.iu.edu/access/content/user/nhindes/knitgroupdocument.pdf

LOVE. THAT. YARN !!!!
Do you have any turtle creamcheese or strawberry shortcake colors?

Conni

Unknown said...

That dress is wonderful! And the yarn - can I see the sock in progress? You are sounding good.