Sunday, April 20, 2008

Hey, Harriet

Above is the test-sock I've started with the aqua Louet 'Gems' and LotusYarns 'Candy Floss'. Specs for this recipe: Judy Becker's magic cast-on 12 sts (front & back), inc. to 56 total. Stripes change every two rounds. Just showing you that, on occasion, I do still knit.

And I know ('cuz Rob told me) that it's not really until tomorrow, but I wanted to be the first to wish Harriet a happy and healthy 39th birthday. I just had a little trouble fitting such a big birthday wish into a single photo. Caramel-pecan stickies for you on Wednesday, Miss H!


Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

hkennon said...

Thank you! and thank the girls for holding up the banner for me. You're right... 39. And I'm looking forward to the sticky buns.... even tho my hips (and everything else) doesn't need them, but it's my birthday and I can do whatever I want....right??
Harriet
p.s. Great looking sock.

Thimbleanna said...

Awww,look at that adorable banner! And cute kidlets too boot! Happy Belated birthday to Miss Harriet! Enjoy those buns!!!

Jaye said...

I think I need to make a tote bag with that cupcake fabric with the turquoise background. What do you think? Have you seen my totes on artquiltmaker.blogspot.com?

PS Bemused.typepad.com was saying that it is better to make both socks/gloves at the same time. Do you agree?

Jaye said...

I MUST have some of the cupcake fabric with the turquoise background.The A in Happy is pointing to it. So should I call you to pry it out of your hands??? ;-)

Let me know. I have money.