Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Oddments of the day

Shirt the front, of the stunt-shirts of the previous evening. Pinky here is being sent to a certain someone who likes to hunt vermin in her shortie bathrobe... my kinda gal.


This is the 'waiting sock' that you may have seen on Melly's blog, from our evening spent Harlot-stalking. (I saw the group shot of groupies and am utterly appalled at how weird my hair looks in photographs. The hairdresser will be raked over the coals about this.) Anyhow, the yarn is from the Easter trip/stash acquisition; Colinette "Jitterbug". I'm loving the swirling effect on this sock, and the 1x1 ribbing isn't hardly painful at all... in fact, I'm taking it all the way to the ankle. Yeah, baby. It's that good.
Here is shirt, the back, with the day's haul... a Koigu for Eli-socks, some Trekking, some ShiBui, and the weirdest, most perfect sock yarn colorway I may ever see in my lifetime: Filatura di Crosa's "Maxime print". The orange and pinks are clear and the deeper hints of rose and fushia add tons of visual interest. They will make a stunning pair of socks for Lillian.

The day has been fairly quiet, though a few fabric junkies have been in to keep me from falling into a coma. Now I need to finish my homework, because, although Ann is smallish, I do not want to antagonize her. If she wants meta-tags, by golly, she's gonna get 'em.
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Marigold said...

The jitterbug sock is so pretty! makes me want to make my own, and I already have umpteen projects on the needles.

melly~ said...

here's the only META tag you need:
BEST. DAMN. SHOP. EVER.

Thimbleanna said...

Yeah. What Melly Said. Or how 'bout BEST. DAMN. SHIRT. EVER. You must sell those shirts. They're too cute. I'm bringing the quilty peeps sometime and they might not want one, but I do! And how 'bout that new pink yarn -- very cool!!! Very, very cool.

Knitterary said...

I covet your "I'm with the sock" t-shirt. Any chance you'll be selling them?

knitter in the desert said...

You and your gang have been featured on Harlot's website! Including the link to your store....

You got a 'snork'....