Saturday, April 12, 2008

Loose ends

The kidsilk crack haze kits are officially going to be available Tuesday evening, and I have just one thing to say about them. I saw a photo of Red's sample last night, which she'd insisted 'Boris' snap a camera-pic of. It is beauty itself, but more importantly (and this is not a small thing), my husband was impressed at the etheral quality it posseses. From a distance the knitted fabric appears rather substantial, but as you approach it (I'm told) you realize you're looking straight through it. Colored cobwebs hanging heavy with dew drops would have nothing on this wrap. And it really doesn't look as harsh as the photo on the Knitting Daily site. The colors there are off, but I can tell you that the Rowan colorists are, on the whole, pure genius, and there isn't a bad color in the bunch. Also, as anyone who haunts the Rowan website knows, there is no gold, so a color substitution has been made. We went with a fern green for the sample, as it is one of RedRhonda's "colors", and as she's chief stunt knitter on this project, I catered.

Today in the shop was a big challenge... my mettle was tested repeatedly, as the boys kept trying to do each other in. At one point, Eli got scalded with a mug of tea. A cold compress took care of the "ouchie" factor, but the grousing went on all day. I couldn't take "mommy's little helper" because I have to drive myself home. Herr Becher has already retreived his offspring, so all is calm here now. He's getting ill, btw. Maker's Mark helps with his sore throat, but I forsee more trips to the doc's office. Yay. And perhaps by the start of summer we'll have broken the cycle of infection. I'm headed home to bleach the towels and doorknobs now, so y'all just have a safe, restful, and enjoyable evening. I think I'm up to t.v. for the first time in a few days, so I'll have to pack a SIP (sock-in-progress) to haul home. Latah, knittas. C

2 comments:

RedRhonda said...

I'm hoping to achieve "half-done" status sometime tomorrow, so it will be another 11 days or so until I finish. I'm constantly working on it, but there's a ton of knitting there! I hope you're feeling better!

Anonymous said...

I'm from Martinsville. Where's your shop at?