Friday, April 11, 2008

Unexpected

It hit me like a tidal wave. First, the fatigue on Tuesday. No biggie. I stay up way too late, so it was easy to ignore. Then the cough began on Wednesday morning. By that evening I was miserable, and had a night of coughing so hard I'd nearly pee myself. Every breath of air in seemed to set off another spasm of coughs, with the added bonus of swollen glands, so swallowing was a bit of a chore,as well. I awoke with no voice. Me. The jabberbox. No talkies. I got to the doctor's office,(praise be to Mandi, for opening and keeping the shop open yesterday!) and left with an inhaler and four other perscriptions. I finally got home around two-ish, and loaded up on the meds and the super-duper cough syrup, and apart from waking twice to re-medicate, slept over seventeen hours straight through. Wow. I still feel like I've cracked every rib in my body, and the cough shows no signs of abating, but I think I can make it through the day anyway. I have lots of "sit down" jobs to do at the shop (like getting the rest of the kidsilk haze split out) so hopefully I won't have to over-exert. I'll try and get some photos posted later today, when I get into town. C

5 comments:

prairievisiondesign : handmade said...

don't DO anything except rest!

Annalea said...

Cami, the only place you should be sitting is in bed, girl! Take care of yourself--because if you don't, you'll be sick for a lot longer. Sleep as much as you can, drink a TON of apple or grape juice, and just let your body deal with whatever bug you've caught.

Take care, and I hope you feel better soon!!!

Marigold said...

Take care of yourself, and get better soon! With all those meds, it sounds like it could have been serious, so, REST!

Stephanie said...

How did you catch my crud through the computer screen?!?!?! I'm finally back to not coughing (and...umm...I DID pee myself a few times because I coughed so much!!!!! That was totally NOT fun at all. EWW!!)

And yes...we do have a lot of similarities!! I don't look as Armenian as my brother...but I think russian/armenian does have a lot of the same traits. :) Now...we just have to give you some pink hair and I have to go get some whore nails (which I want to get anyway...) and we'll be a matched set :)

Thimbleanna said...

Whew! You were just sick. I'm reading along and envisioning your post like this: "It hit me like a tidal wave. First, the fatigue on Tuesday. Then the nausea on Wednesday." And we all KNOW what that means LOL! Hope you're feeling better by now!