Friday, April 18, 2008

Wouldn't it be swell

The man, Herr Becher, has a few days off in early May. I'd hoped to go to MS&W, but the Easter trip was not kind to our bank account, and it looks a bit bleak for this year. I'd rather spend money on yarn/fabric/my new website (Yay, Ann!) anyhow. So, a little plan has been percolating in my brain. I realize this is last minute. I haven't even had time to discuss it, frau to herr, with the spouse. But a crafty retreat at a local hotel or b&b would be loverly. It's just a matter of logistics. Of finding sitters (baby/house/cat/dog). Of paying off a place to house fistfuls of crazed crafty mavens for a day or two. Thanks to Melly, I have the menu in mind, and the smidge of a plan that it would be a 'primitive quilting' bee. With the evenings free for movies and knitting. Plenty of time to learn one if all you 'speak' is the other. There's a b&b in Franklin, and another out on Hurricane Road. It's just brewing, you know...

1 comment:

Jaye said...

Sigh. Sounds lovely! I hope your local crafters appreciate what you do for them!