Saturday, August 23, 2008

All the cool kids...

are at Stitches this weekend. I only bemoan this because I'm trying to order painted rovings for spinning and anyone with stuff to sell is busy playing in Chicago. Hrumph. Of course, if I were at Stitches right now, I'd be gloating, and who could tolerate that?

Things are deadly dull in the burg of Franklin today. I noticed more condemned notices have been nailed to door jams of the houses on the south side of town. The bridge over the canal on S. Main still hasn't been repaired, but volunteers have the baseball diamond at the park cleaned up pretty well. All the smashed fencing (cars, trucks, and rescue equipment flowing into it at high speeds will tear stuff up good) has been rolled up and waits the haul-away men. Workmen all over town are busy rebuilding the bits and pieces of life that can be salvaged. I guess that's a positive sign, so I'm going to go grab a sock and see if anyone comes in to rebuild their stash. You go have a fun Saturday. I'll still be here, pouting about Stitches... *snark*

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh sweetie, I know this is hard on you and that you make light to make it easier. I'm so sorry. Would it be 'wrong' to post to my ASG group that you have AB and add that 4-letter word? I'll do it! g

Anonymous said...

I'm kinda envious of the Stitches gathering also...want to go play also. Maybe next year...
Miss you, Rob