Thursday, August 21, 2008

Big Gaps

Time passes whether you use it or not, and I feel like there's been an awful lot of not around here lately. Business at the shop has slowed to a trickle, but the 'down time' hasn't been put to good use. Socks languish at the bottom of the knitting bag, quilts lay about in their pupa stage, and I can't seem to wrap my brain around getting more fabric ordered for the store. (Is this what burning out feels like?)

Today a Very Swell Man came to fix some problems I was having with the store's point-of-sale program. He put back things that had gone awry in the past week, and I don't feel like crawling out of my skin anymore. (Thank you, Kevin... you saved the world from a whole lot of "Ugly Cami".)

Also in today's news, I narrowly avoided being hit by a car. As much as I complain about Herr Becher's Jeep, it totally snatched me from the jaws of death this morning. I always thought the "electronic stability control" was a boatload of crap, but I was able to swerve out of harm's way at nearly 50 mph... I sailed right through a situation that would've caused any normal SUV to flip onto it's side. Of course the ass who pulled out in front of me (s/he was making a left turn onto the main road) never even slowed down. I'm not sure they even looked. Cat-like reflexes. You'll find my picture there in the dictionary.
Now I'm off to salvage what I can of my evening with a cranky toddler and the rest of the Becher posse. Perhaps some knitting can happen, too. For tomorrow: photos of the really gorgeous buttons that arrived the other day. Latah, knittas. C

4 comments:

Thimbleanna said...

Oooohhhhh buttons! DO show us -- love some buttons. Sure glad you didn't get squished by the goofy driver -- we can't not have our beloved Cami!!!

melly~ said...

here here!
I don't know what I'd do without you!
do take care, darlin' I'd be lost without your particular brand of crazy!
:)

Unknown said...

I have to agree with the others, a world without Cami? Not going there! Love me some Jeeps! g

Annalea said...

I'm so glad you're okay! Isn't it incredible what speed-of-light electronic compensation can do in crazy situations? Anti-lock brakes have saved my goose a few times in icy conditions back in Idaho.

Can't wait to see the lovely loot! And you've inspired me to get back to work on my SIP. ;o)