Monday, August 11, 2008

Out with the old...



and in with the new. I had no idea how horribly ugly the old washer and dryer were until these bright and shiney new Germans came to live in the laundry room. You'll have to pardon the bad photo. Them were a bit miffed about having to bunk with the cat's "glitter box". The 'first cycles' are running now, then I have to remember to wipe the inside of the dryer out before it gets actual clothing put into it. Protective coating on the stainless, or some such thing.
Now, if you'll excuse me, I have about seventeen loads of laundry to catch up on. I. Am. Serious. And all my bras are missing, which wasn't the least bit embarrassing with two delivery dudes here this morning. Oh, now something's beeping incessantly. I fear my technophobia is about to get the better of me.
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

CraftRage said...

Ooooh, purty!

True confession - when we first got our front loaders, I pulled up a chair and watched first two loads of laundry go through, from start to finish. And I enjoyed it.

Unknown said...

The look purty! I could probably sit and watch the machines do their work - as long as there was knitting involved :) Hope you got the beeping to stop. g

Aliya said...

Sis, they are pretty. It makes me want mine to die so I can get some new ones. Have fun with them. You got any kits that you teach yourself how to knit?

melly~ said...

I'm -so- bringing a load of laundry next time I come to your house!

Thimbleanna said...

Ooooh Lookity at those -- them'r quite handsome! Have you been staring at them all day? Love the pineapple blocks from the previous post -- you definitely need to get those put together.

Bet you appreciated that bit of unsolicited advice huh? Yeah, I like it when someone tells me the obvious too!

And speaking of bras...if you and your peeps have extras that you're throwing away, I'll be in need of some for a little prank I'm pulling next spring. That's not something you can buy at Goodwill. Anonymous donations accepted -- I don't want to know who a bra belongs to LOL. I've collected quite a few, but still short by about 25!

Annalea said...

I believe I feel a little appliance envy coming on, I do. Let's have a Laundry Room show and tell meme! I'll show off my mismatched set. ;o)

I love the clear door on the dryer . . . mine's not. And the washer has a *tinted* door. Ugh. You've got to crouch down and peer through with your hand shading your eyes to even get any kind of glimpse. Not nearly so fun.

Someday, someday . . . I'll have a matching set. And I do love Boscheses.

If only the darn things weren't so expensive! Have fun with your laundry, Cami. (Remember, the DVD that came with your set is your F-R-I-E-N-D! ;o)

Krafty Christy said...

Those are so cool!! I'd love to have 'em!