Thursday, August 28, 2008

Goings on

The yarn has arrived! A selection of 'Taos' yarn has made it's way to Clementine's, and from this we will be knitting the uber-cute and super easy diagonal sweater. It was pretty tough to choose a colorway to knit the sample sweater from, because I love them all...


But, at the end of the day, I'm not the one wearing it, and this yarn looked smashing with the lime green flower buttons. I have to say, as a knitter (not as a shop owner), that I'm extremely disappointed with the Knit Picks cables. *sigh* You get what you pay for. They have been in use less than a day, so abuse isn't an issue. Now I have to go digging for the spare. (And I was curious as to why they send them in pairs?)


Lastly for today, a photo that will likely get me beheaded. How much fun can you have with a "Tide to Go" stick? It depends what bra Miss Susan wore to work. She came over with her SIP (sock-in-progress) for a lil' visit after a morning of baking/cooking in her cafe. The taco meat (her taco salads rock, btw) had spattered her all over, but she looked even worse when I got ahold of her.


She struck the pose as she fled back to her store... things apparently run smoother when the boss is in. Besides her visit, the Aqua Systems man coming to change the RO filters, and Kim and her first sock, this place has been crickets today. I'd better get ready to close up. You go be crafty. C
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm so sorry it's been crickets. If you makes you feel any better it's been crickets around here too! I have a staff of 3 attorneys, 2 staff, myself and the owner, payroll of more than is in the account and owe back taxes! I'll trade ya . . .

Thimbleanna said...

Oh...I thought crickets meant it was a good day??? Do you have a link for the sweater to we can see what it will look like? The yarn looks yummy!

Annalea said...

So sorry it has been quiet 'round those parts. I wish things would slow down around here. Hmmmm . . . maybe I should open a yarn shop. ;o)

On the Knit Picks cable: just call the company and tell them you have a defective cable. They'll send you a new one without any questions asked. (You can also glue the old one back in with some super glue or gorilla glue.) I love the fact that Knit Picks stands behind their products (even though their shipping is lousy slow).

Okay, I really SHOULD go put some laundry away . . .

Anonymous said...

I finished a project on the yummy Dream in Color yarn I bought from you a few months ago....knitted the fern lace pattern into a long scarf. Once it's blocked and I get over to Franklin, I will bring it in to visit with you. :-P

It's beautiful!!!!

Conni