Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Waffle Wednesday

Today was a fabulous day at Clementine's. Redrhonda finished seaming up her "Arietta" cardigan. It was a sight to behold. I'd link to her Ravelry page, but I'm afraid I'd crash the thing. If you're curious though, go check out her spot on Ravelry... she's "redrhonda", and you'll have quite a time looking through her que. Ask her how many yards of yarn she has stashed. I'm shocked and appalled. Aghast. Mortified. And deeply, horribly jealous. Of course, I'm not going to tally mine up. Anything involving spreadsheets, or measuring, or math... nope. Not this day. Know why? Because this day was
WAFFLE WEDNESDAY!
Yeah, I meant to holler that, right at your eyeballs. That Crocker Woman received a marvelous gift from her man this Christmas. A gift made of sturdy steel, with wiring and thermostat gew-gaws... a gift that spits out plate-sized Belgian waffles. Waffles so yummy they smell like sugar cones. Waffles with wells so deep you could lose a small child in them. Waffles so big they could cover a small country. Waffles that are now my new obsession. I just have to figure out how to get Melly to make me more. Hmmmm. Something to ponder. I ate two of them there waffles, dripping in syrup and butter. Then I was told that "normal people" are satisfied with 1/2 a waffle, and that a whole one is pushing it. Obviously I am well above average in my appetites.
Now, since I've been gone the whole day, I'm off to sit quietly with the man and the youngest Becher. Type at y'all latah. C

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

MMMMMMmmmmmmmmmm waffles.

Dragonfly7673 (Vicki) said...

Oh my goodness, i've actually seen some of Rhonda's stuff and didn't realize it was her! I was searching for hats one day and came across the Christmas beret and Christmas Elf hat.

Also, I love that you and Melly are in one of the project pictures *grin*