Thursday, May 15, 2008

another jane moment

Yeah, they sure are some stubby toes, but today began with a pedicure (are you local? Victoria's in Franklin is where you want to be. 317 346-nail. Call Vickie and tell her she's famous.) The polka-dots are what happens when you give a starving, high-on-lacquer-fumes nail tech free range over your toes. But I like it, and now you can see I'm not kidding when I say I have wide feet. I really should be a better swimmer with flappers like these. There is no excuse for my lack of forward propulsion.


Shannon, goddess of all that is girlie, has made two more dresses, but I'm lacking for blog fodder (well, stuff I can actually publish publicly), so you don't get to see the hodge-podge dress until tomorrow. This is done in some Kaffe fabric, (that I actually covet for myself for a morning robe) but how cute as a little size six girlie dress. Also, she lined it in white satin, so it makes a super-cool, swishy noise. I know... I want one, too
Lastly, for today, in the category of "most creative use of sale fabrics", a customer brought in this finished jacket. Seems it's sewn to a sweatshirt, and she made it for a grand daughter in Cali. I just don't have words. There's a bag to match... reversible, even.


I thought I'd have more new things to show you today, but all the package dudes have driven past the shop with nary a glance in my general direction. So, without further ado, I bid you adieu.

Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Dragonfly7673 (Vicki) said...

got a good giggle out of the swooshy sounding satin. That would have me twirling and doing a weird hip wiggle walk just to make the noise.

Dragonfly7673 (Vicki) said...

Chuckle out of my new blog identifier. (and happy to see you got everyone back!)

prairievisiondesign : handmade said...

the jacket leaves me speechless! post the darn bag, too so I can see it!

prairievisiondesign : handmade said...

...it's gotta make you good to be at the center of so much happy creativity!