Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Knit Night, done right

It was another 'run-around' day (making the gas last): haircut, find summer clothes for the kids, wander, alone, through a bookstore, make the bank deposit. Then I came home and mixed up chocolate chip cookie dough (a double batch), and baked a couple dozen for knit night. Which was flippin' amazing. I had some really great customers come in, and now there are only half a dozen wrap kits left (if you need me to mail you and you one, call me. Miss V has my digits, or call here.) I'll probably make up more kits, since the thing is so amazing.

Noemi ("no-amy") came in with her first sock and it is good. She's working the 'Panda Cotton' like she owns it. Which, technically she does, as she's bought it, but still. The intimidation of a first sock has fallen away, and she gasped when I let her try on the 'Jitterbug' sock... I'm pretty sure store-bought socks are a thing of her past. Score one more for the good guys. World domination is just around the corner... I can smell it. Or that might be cookie dough. More fresh-baked goodness tomorrow. Perhaps there will even be photos; second sock is comong along at a nice clip, though the past two days were mostly spent reading instead of knitting. Just trying to stave off a knitting-related injury, because I flatly refuse to cr*ch*t. Tomorrow will be here soon, and I have a sleepy boy to rock... type at y'all latah. C

6 comments:

Thimbleanna said...

Ooooh, I'm so jealous! I wanna knit night with you guys. How come you can't live closer??? And what's up with your flat refusal to cr*ch*t??? It's good for you. Ok, it's not as fun as knitting, but still. You must be well rounded. For your minions LOL!

Unknown said...

I'm so tired of doing everything right and not losing - will you mail me some cookies?

I believe I'm skipping knit night because I have a dentist appointment and don't feel up to facing my friend D. g

prairievisiondesign : handmade said...

I saw the AB solids and August Fields, omg; the free quilt pattern might be a good kit for the store--mixing all color palettes is a knockout. go see: http://www.quiltersbuzz.com/2008/05/amy_butler_that_super_modern_m.html

prairievisiondesign : handmade said...

my link didn't all past, trying again:

http://www.quiltersbuzz.com/2008/05/amy_butler_that_super_modern_m.html

knitter in the desert said...

Crashed to early last nite and been out in the field for work...but D-fly took care of everything for me....I really need to get more knitting done but dang I'm working a lot of hours right now....

Dragonfly7673 (Vicki) said...

If someone calls you about a kit, name of Apryl, saying she's a friend of mine. She is. I pointed her to the store website and told her to call you if she's still interested.