Monday, May 5, 2008

Jitterbug

Okay, it's a bit blurry (at least on my monitor), but here is the first of my "Harlot-stalking" stockings. Sock, the sequel, is on needles, the kids are playing outside on this beautiful day, and as it's 'Mandi-Monday', I do not have to even consider leaving my house. I did get out of my jammies, though. After eleven. Seemed like the humane thing to do for Herr Becher, since he's been home with the offspring all week, busy being Mr. Mom. I can at least attempt to participate in 'family life' today. There will be knitting in my hands most of the time, I am not driving anywhere, and there exists the possibility that my bottom will root itself to the loveseat in front of a movie.


Yep, pretty big plans for a "day off", wouldn't you say? I have been getting wrangled out of bed every morning at the crack of dawn by a perky toddler, who hands me my glasses and queries "okay, mom, you need to make coffee now?", to which I reply "sleeping would be better". But he's off and running and there isn't anyone else up to keep him out of the matches and sharp knives. Now, if I could just train him to brew the coffee...
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Stacy said...

OH that is a lovely sock! I haven't quite made it knitting socks yet - I have dwindled off at scarves and hats...haven't touched the needles since spring arrived. :(

Thimbleanna said...

Great sock Cami! I love the colors. You need to teach Eli to knit -- he could make himself useful while he waits for you to get up!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful sock there! I have yet to cast on with my "Smooshy" yarn I bought from you a few weeks back, but everyone I've shown it to wants to sqoosh it!

Conni

Unknown said...

that sock turne dout great! I wish the brown toe was bigger. You need to teach the young one to make coffee :) g

Stephanie said...

I love your sock! I really need to get to knitting way more than I am right now. I'm in a blah blah kind of mood about everything on the needles right now. I really love the way the sock colored though. I haven't used Jitterbug yet. Hmm....might have to get me some :) Yarn purchases always fix the blahs right? And your mornings sound eerily familiar...if you figure out how to teach 'em to make the coffee let me know. I need to get these monkeys trained as well :)